Study Investigator: John Curtis, PhD
Location of Study: Florida, USA, Open field
Study Period: November to December 2017
At first flowers
7 DA App 1
7 DA App 2
7 DA App 3
7 DA App 4
• No other fungicides were applied during this study.
[T1] - CONTROL (Ctrl):
• Plants were maintained at a commercial level with both insecticides (twice weekly applications) and fertilizers (6-0-6 liquid fertilizer @ 25 gal./acre through drip once a week).
• No fungicides
[T2] - Treatment 2: (Ctrl+Vegro®)
• Vegro® prog. (1 Qt/acre per application)
[T3] - Treatment 3: (Grower standard)
• Pristine (12.5 Floz/acre)
[T4] - Treatment 4: (GS+Vegro®)
• Pristine (12.5 Floz/acre)
• Vegro® (1Qt/acre per application)
• EACH TREATMENT REPLICATED 4 TIMES
• Foliar applications were made with a hand-held boom (CO2 operated, 40 PSI) fitted with three (3) nozzles (TXVS8) and sprayed at 40 GPA.
• Plastic beds (32-foot top x 6 feet tall and 6-foot row spacing). SQUASH (summer)
• Variety: Enterprise
• Hand-seeded into two rows/bed (12” plant spacing) on Nov. 2, 2017.
• Each treatment replicated 4 times
For disease control:
+6.3% is the degree of improvement with Vegro® to improve the efficacy of the fungicides, and/or to the grower standard (GS). [T3] Vs [T4] GS+Vegro®
+52.5% is equal to the rate of progression between [T3] the grower standard and [T4] GS+Vegro®
-24% Less severity of Powdery Mildew on fruit with VEGRO® alone on top of the control. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®
For quality yield:
+31 Pcs (+22%) more fruit count between [T3] GS and [T4] GS+Vegro®
+38 Pcs (+57%) more fruit count when Vegro® is added to the control. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®
+2 Lbs (+5%) More weight count when Vegro® is added to Grower standard. [T3] GS Vs [T4] GS+Vegro®
+9 Lbs (+100%) more weight count with Vegro® alone when added to the control. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®
Objectives: When applied by foliar spray, to demonstrate the ability of Vegro® to improve the efficacy of the fungicides by controlling better the Powdery Mildew reduction. In the meantime, it will help to grow more quality yield and more natural. Main parameters monitored for this study: Pressure disease on Powdery Mildew, weight count & fruit count.
For a better view of the graphs and charts, reposition your mobile device into landscape mode.
When Vegro® is added to the Grower Std program and which contains of course a powerful fungicide [T4], Vegro® demonstrates its capacity to improve the efficacy of the fungicides by +6.3%. This corresponds to a progression rate of +52.5% between the two treatments. Another very noticeable result here, it is the performance of Vegro® by itself to help to reduce the severity of the Powdery Mildew on the crop. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®, shows a less -24% severity with Vegro® simply added to control.
+22% More fruit count between [T3] GS and [T4] GS+Vegro®
+57% More fruit count when simply Vegro® added to the control. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®
+2 Lbs (+5%) More weight count when Vegro® is added to the Grower Std. [T3] GS Vs [T4] GS+Vegro®
+9 Lbs (+100%) more weight count when Vegro® is simply added to the control. [T1] Ctrl Vs [T2] Ctrl+Vegro®