Study Investigator: M. Edenfield, Phd
Location of Study: Florida, USA, Commercial field
Study Period: Feb 2020 - Apr 2020
Three evaluations have been made, successively:
03/12/2020; 03/16/2020; 03/23/2020
• Fifty fruits were counted on the west side of the tree and east side for a total of 100 fruits.
• Fruits were categorized by the colors of: Orange, Green or Color Break (mixture of orange and green)
is a natural product which contains pure natural compounds and immuno-activators. It improves the efficacy of the fungicides whereas it helps to reduce the overall chemical inputs and helps as well, to reduce the chemical residues into the final piece of fruit.
Objectives: To evaluate the use of CYAN 365® to enhance the fruit ripening and color break on mature Murcott (Honey Tangerine) with severe symptoms of greening HLB
For a better view of the graphs and charts, reposition your mobile device into landscape mode.
IN RESUME: Conclusions made by the scientist Mike Edenfield PhD in his report, "This study demonstrates that Cyan 365 helps to induce color-break in Florida tangerines. This study also demonstrated that it takes about 60 days to initiate color-break which will help to improve fruit ripening recommendations with the product. "
SPECIAL NOTE FROM THE SCIENTIST (Quote): On March 12, 37 days after treatment there was no difference in any treatment for improving fruit color from green to orange. A similar trend was noted on 16 March (41 days after treatment) where there was no difference in the percent of fruit that was either completely orange or completely green. Fruit color differences were noted on 24 March, 49 days after treatment. At the final evaluation Cyan 365 started to initiate a color change where more fruit had started color-break. Cyan 365 at 1 qt/A increased color-break by 32%. Mike Edenfield (PhD Scientist)
• These numbers are the results obtained by comparison with the check AKA Grower Standard.
• As observed by the scientist, Cyan 365® helps to induce the color break on tangerines grown in Florida and affected by the greening-HLB. These results are significant enough for being possibly incorporated into the grower's programs.
• With trees weakened by the Greening-HLB, Cyan 365® can represent a good and a natural solution to compensate a delayed ripening.
• Also it can be an advantage to be the first on the market...
• Cyan 365® is a natural product, by helping to reduce the chemical inputs, it also helps to reduce the chemical residues in the final piece of fruit.
Notes: It is also remarkable to notice that these results have been obtained with one single spray of Cyan 365® at the rate of 1 Quart per Acre at 60 days prior harvest.