Study Investigator: John Curtis, PhD
Location of Study: Indian River District, FL, USA, Open field
Study Period: May - June 2014
2 Qts/acre Bloom 50% total
2 Qt/acre Post-Bloom total
Total tree monitored:
All raw datas + individual photos can be asked under special request.
Once the natural fruit competition occurrred (usually summer), we observed,
Objectives: In real conditions within the same block, back to back, grower standard untreated versus grower standard treated with CYAN 365®, just one variable added: To show and demonstrate how CYAN 365® applied by foliar spray, can help to reduce the early fruit drop and to improve the volume of bearing fruits. Main parameters monitored: weight count and fruit count for early fruit drop and fruit count for remaining fruits on the tree.
For a better view of the graphs and charts, reposition your mobile device into landscape mode.
Trees selected across means all trees in row #4, row #8, row #24, row #33 and row #44
Then all trees # 4 and #8 per row for each treatment selected
In the treated rows we found an average increase in Early fruit drop of 302%. This early drop is countered by later data received, giving an average increase of +114% in remaining viable fruits at harvest (regardless of the droppings).
3,078 premature fruit drop total counted over the 30 trees selected. Out of this number 17% are coming from the checks in total and the remaining so 83% from the treated rows, trees.
Better quality fruit-set makes more quality fruits, better sizes, more uniform fruits at the end.
As you may see, with CYAN 365® you have more premature drops, but the key is that you have an average of over 114% more viable fruits in the trees at harvest. In row 8, we have even reached 3 times more remaining viable fruits Vs. the check. Furthermore, growers have noticed more uniformity in fruit size and almost zero small fruits.